WIN a pop-up shop for 6 months, with supports, worth €50,000!
Champion Green, Ireland’s support local initiative, is giving one small business the chance to WIN a €50,000 retail opportunity, in partnership with Aviva Life & Pensions.
A prime pop-up retail shop in Blackrock Village Centre in Blackrock, Co Dublin, could be yours, for six months trading over the key festive shopping period and beyond from October 2022 – March 2023. You will also be given numerous supports to help grow your business.
Entries close on 5th September 2022.
- FREE six-month licence worth €21,550 at a prime retail unit (unit size 479 square feet) at Blackrock Village Centre, Co Dublin, courtesy of Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland DAC (utility bills not included)
- Store fit-out, advice and equipment from commercial design & build contractors Roccul, worth €5,000.
- FREE parcel sending for one year within Ireland, and a free local direct mail campaign from An Post Commerce, to support online omni-channel retailing; combined prize worth €10,000 (including VAT).
- Six monthly professional mentoring sessions with a dedicated mentor, courtesy of MentorsWork, plus one business planning session with MentorsWork ambassador, SMEs champion, entrepreneur and former Dragon, Bobby Kerr.
- Store marketing campaign from Champion Green and Bannerton PR worth €15,000.
- Complimentary one year membership to Champion Green partner business organisations – Retail Excellence, Small Firms Association and Chambers Ireland affiliate Dun-Laoghaire Rathdown Chamber.
What else should I know?
The Promotion is open to sole traders, local makers, designers and small businesses (less than 20 employees) based in the Republic of Ireland, over the age of 18.
Ideal retailers for the space include, but are not limited to, children’s clothing/shoes, a boutique, leisurewear, wellness, beauty, gifting, art or crafts. The space is not suitable for a food business.
Fitting out of the retail unit including all fixtures, fittings, equipment and point of sale within the unit shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. This can be as simple or elaborate as you wish. You will also be responsible for energy consumption and for staffing the shop during the Centres opening hours.
FIVE finalists will go forward to a series of interviews with an expert judging panel, to select one winner of this Readymade Retail opportunity. Interviews will take place mid-September.
The retail opportunity has a start date of no later than 3rd October 2022 and an end date of end of March 2023.
How Do I Enter?
- Submit the entry form below along with a 2-minute video submission as to why your business deserves this fantastic opportunity (note this does not need to be a professionally created video. Speaking to camera and showing stock will suffice).
- Five businesses will be shortlisted and will attend an in-person or zoom video interview with our judging panel.
- See full Terms & Conditions here
The Judging Panel:
- Duncan Graham – Managing Director, Retail Excellence, Chair of Judging Panel
- Carina Galavan – Property Fund Specialist, Aviva Life & Pensions
- Marian O’Gorman – Chairperson, Kilkenny Design
- Richard Miley, Marketing Communications Lead, An Post
What Our Previous Winners Have To Say:
Ambr EyeWear – 2021 winners
“We were over the moon to scoop the 2021 Champion Green Retail Prize and with it, a new unit in our local village of Blackrock. It was an incredible adventure and we enjoyed creating a physical space to represent the brand. There were also lots of learnings and supports for our business, which will help our strategic direction and the growth of our brand going forward.”
TO ENTER, SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION HERE
To be in with a chance to receive this fantastic opportunity, please submit your business details and short video submission below. Entries close midnight 5th September 2022. Please email email@example.com if you have any additional queries.